Leadership Lessons of the White House Fellows
Considered one of the nation's most competitive and prestigious fellowships, the White House Fellowship program has produced an impressive roster of American leaders. The men and women of this select group spend an entire year working alongside top decision makers inside the nexus of global power. Each one emerges with life-changing thoughts and views about the nature of leadership and the qualities of great leaders.
Now, former Fellow Charles P. Garcia opens the door to this distinguished program, revealing insights to achieve extraordinary leadership, which you can apply in any endeavor.
Leadership Lessons of the White House Fellows is a profound education on the timeless tenets of successful leadership. Filled with entertaining and insightful stories gleaned from interviews with more than 200 former Fellows, this fast-paced book takes you behind the scenes of every presidential administration from Lyndon B. Johnson to George W. Bush, where America's best and brightest learned their most valuable lessons. You'll hear from such figures as:
- Former Chairman of the NYSE Marshall Carter
- Levi Strauss CO Robert D. Haas
- U.S. Army General Wesley Clark
- Pulitzer Prize-winning author Doris Kearns Goodwin
- CNN Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell
- Stanford Business School Dean Robert Joss
- Former Chief Judge, 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Deanell Reece Tacha
Each interviewee conveys invaluable advice that can be applied by anyone, in any field--from business and government to nonprofit and education.
Leadership Lessons of the White House Fellows takes you where no reader has gone before. Apply the lessons of the White House Fellows, and your people will instantly take note of the newly inspired leader in their presence.