Oxford Bookworms Library: Ear-rings from Frankfurt: Level 2: 700-Word Vocabulary (Oxford Bookworms Stage 2)
This award-winning collection of adapted classic literature and original stories develops reading skills for low-beginning through advanced students.
Accessible language and carefully controlled vocabulary build students' reading confidence.
Introductions at the beginning of each story, illustrations throughout, and glossaries help build comprehension.
Before, during, and after reading activities included in the back of each book strengthen student comprehension.
Audio versions of selected titles provide great models of intonation and pronunciation of difficult words.
Reviews from Goodreads.com
Why: This story is about stollen ear-rings. The main character's girlfriend put on a stollen ear-rings on her birthday. It was a present from her superior.
But in this sutuatio... ...more
3. Maxim's restaurant, stole, gold ear-rings, police, Frankfurt, egg box, present
4. My favorite scene is at last!
When Richard gave her present, he said ”They're only small ear-rings, Wendy, but I can tell you this - they did not come from Frankfurt in an egg box!”
He was... ...more
1/3 80 min
@7 word summary
brother troubled jewelry girlfriend kill steal restaurant
Do you like ear-rings?
Yes I do, but it just looking. i don't have any hole for ear-rings. i would little like to take ear-rings on my ears, but i don't have brave to make... ...more
2. 10/28,29 = 60 minutes ( if I stay = 20 minutes)
3. Jennifer, money, brother, hospital, police, ear-ring,Kelly
4. Jennifer lend money to her brother but he left in front of her. one day she joined a party. one man fell down and she took him to the hospital. however he was relate... ...more
2.4/17=30minutes, 4/20=40minutes, 4/21=30minutes
3.Surgery, Nurse, large gold ear-rings, jewellery, Frankfurt, egg boxes, small ear-rings
4.They're only small ear-rings, Wendy, but I can tell you this- they did not come from Frankfurt in an egg box!
5.Ear-rings is a very important ke... ...more
3.Brother, Maxim's, Policemen, Call, Wendy's story, Truth, Birthday present
4.a:They're only small ear-rings, Wendy, but I can tell you this - they did not come from Frankfurt in an egg box!
b:Richard gave a small ear-rings for Wendy. He bought them by his... ...more
Author : REG WRIGHT
Time : about 60 minutes
12, November, 2013
Seven Words :
brother / money / job / ear-rings / policeman / Wendy / laugh
Discussion & Questions :
Do you have any brothers/sisters?
Have you ever confused about their behavior or something like t... ...more
- Time: 01/20 = 100 minutes
- 7 word summary : money - restaurant - jewellery - telephone - boys - story - laugh
- Discussion question:
1. In this story, the main character, Jennifer, got a calling from a strange person. What will you do if you get a calling like tha... ...more
1. OXFORD Level.2
2. 80 minutes 7/17/2013
4. Q- Do you have a girlfriend?
A- No. I don't. I haven't had a girlfriend for 3 years so I want to have a girlfriend.
5. I was very excited when I read this book. The story is that how did he lose h... ...more
telephone money jewellery ear-ring kill brave steal
Do you have any expensive jewellery?
No,I don't. Because I am a unlversity student so I don't have much money. My parents neither.
I think this book is exciting. Main character gave her girl friend for expensive ear-rings. I co... ...more