Employment Discrimination Lawsuits: Leading Lawyers on Developing Case Strategies, Evaluating Settlement Opportunities, and Identifying Litigation Best Practices (Inside the Minds)
Employment Discrimination Lawsuits is an authoritative, insider's perspective on key strategies for representing employers facing discrimination lawsuits. Featuring partners from some of the nation's leading law firms, these experts guide the reader through the different phases of an employment discrimination case and the key strategic considerations for each phase. These top lawyers reveal their advice for working with clients, including understanding individual motivations and overcoming emotional and psychological hurdles to achieve a successful attorney-client relationship. From obtaining key documentation and implementing discovery best practices to working with outside experts and understanding jurisdictional considerations, these authors explain the key elements of a case as well as discuss options for early resolution, including mediation and settlement negotiations. Additionally, these leaders reveal strategies for companies on how to prevent lawsuits and minimize exposure through the development of policies and procedures, continued implementation of those procedures, and thorough internal investigations of any potential claims. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts around the keys to success within this challenging and ever-evolving area of law.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business intelligence from C-Level executives (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CMO, Partner) from the world's most respected companies nationwide, rather than third-party accounts from unknown authors and analysts. Each chapter is comparable to an essay/thought leadership piece and is a future-oriented look at where an industry, profession, or topic is headed and the most important issues for the future. Through an exhaustive selection process, each author was hand-picked by the Inside the Minds editorial board to author a chapter for this book.
1. Brooks D. Kubik, Member, Stites & Harbison PLLC - "Dealing with the Emotional and Psychological Aspects of Employment Litigation"
2. Robert J. Smith, Partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP - "Managing Individual and Complex Employment Discrimination Litigation"
3. Andrew A. Nicely, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP - "Practical Strategies for Extricating Companies from Potentially Costly Discrimination Suits"
4. Alexandra A. Bodnar, Partner, Squire, Sanders & Dempsey LLP - "Communication and Prevention: Key Strategies for Discrimination Suits"
5. Daniel L. Herrington, Partner, Friday, Eldredge & Clark - "Effective Strategies for Litigating Employment Discrimination Claims"
6. Terri L. Chase, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP - "Dealing with Discrimination Suits: Assessment and Action for Client Success"
7. Jennifer C. Jauffret, Director, Richards, Layton & Finger - "Preparation and Management of Discrimination Suits"
8. Jim Goh, Partner, Holland & Hart LLP - "Charting the Proper Course of Action"
9. Douglas F. Seaver, Partner, Hinckley, Allen & Snyder LLP - "Successfully Avoiding and Defending Discrimination Litigation"
10. Kathryn S. Wood, Member, Dickinson Wright PLLC - "Effective Employer Strategies in Employment Discrimination Litigation"
11. Luis F. Antonetti Zequeira, Shareholder, Goldman Antonetti & CÃ³rdova PSC - "Best Practices for Handling Discrimination Suits: From Working with New Clients to Changes in Relevant Laws"