Ferri's Best Test CD-ROM PDA Software: A Practical Guide to Clinical Laboratory Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging
This unique new resource directs readers to the most efficient and cost-effective imaging and laboratory studies for any diagnostic challenge. Written by best-selling author Fred Ferri, MD, FACP, FERRI'S BEST TEST presents complete guidance on both radiologic and laboratory approaches in a single, user-friendly source.
It is available in soft-cover book format, and as software for most handheld devices.
- Describes the most common imaging studies for each organ system, reviewing their indications · advantages · disadvantages · and approximate costs.
- Examines over 200 laboratory tests, describing the normal range of results in adult patients · typical abnormalities (positive tests, increased or decreased values) · and the likeliest causes of abnormal results.
- Explores 222 common diseases and disorders, providing algorithms to help readers select the single best test for diagnosing each condition.
- Uses a concise, well-organized format to make reference remarkably easy.
- Available both as a pocket-sized, soft-cover book, and as software for most handheld devices.