Negotiation Boot Camp: How to Resolve Conflict, Satisfy Customers, and Make Better Deals
We find ourselves engaged in various kinds of negotiations every day, from trying to land a new account or win a promotion at work, to buying a house or a car, or bargaining down a cell phone bill, or settling a dispute with a friend or spouse. In this groundbreaking book, negotiation expert Ed Brodow shows us how to settle conflicts amicably to reach a win-win solution every time.
Using the no-nonsense, results-oriented boot camp approach, Brodow drills readers on the basic skills needed to master the art of negotiation. After completing Brodow’s basic training program, you will have learned how to:
• Conquer your fear of confrontation and overcome the negative behaviors that hold you back
• Identify and develop your personal negotiation style
• Assess the other side’s strengths and weaknesses
• Get the other side to make concessions without giving up any of your goals
• Master the art of listening to understand the other side’s position and strengthen your own
• Avoid getting sidetracked by personal or emotional issues
• Create an atmosphere of trust in which the other party is a collaborator rather than a competitor
• Break through impasses and close the deal
Using a wealth of examples from real-life encounters, Brodow demonstrates how to negotiate for things most readers never knew were negotiable, such as department store purchases, medical costs, loan rates, phone bills, and credit card fees. He reveals how to develop the skills and the confidence each of us need to negotiate successfully, and achieve our goals at work and in our personal lives.