$98.93 - $288.00
Enantioselective Synthesis of Beta-Amino Acids
Covers all facets of the synthesis of ?-amino acids
As evidenced by an exponential increase in the literature published on the subject, interest in ?-amino acids has grown over the past several years. With major pharmaceutical applications, these amino acids are now studied across multiple lines of research, including combinatorial chemistry, medicinal chemistry, molecular design, proteomics, and others.
This Second Edition of Enantioselective Synthesis of ?-Amino Acids updates reviews included in the First Edition while also covering new developments since its publication. The book presents detailed discussions of the most important methods for the synthesis of ?-amino acids. In most cases, the lead chemist who originally developed a method provides an authoritative description of it.
In addition, Enantioselective Synthesis of ?-Amino Acids, Second Edition:
* Features introductory overviews on the structural types of relevant ?-amino acid targets and salient ?-amino acids present in natural products
* Dedicates several chapters to advances in the synthesis of oligomers from ?-amino acids
* Includes general and practical procedures for the preparation of ?-amino acids in each chapter
* Discusses the most important methods that have been recently developed for the asymmetric synthesis of cyclic and open-chain ?-amino acids
* Includes a report on the preparation of libraries of enantiopure ?-amino acids using combinatorial approaches
The only book of its kind available today, Enantioselective Synthesis of ?-Amino Acids, Second Edition offers upper-level students and professionals an essential resource for pharmaceutical development, medicinal chemistry, and biochemistry.