Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 Administrator's Companion
Streamline—and centralize—the management of your Microsoft Windows-based desktops with the essential guide to planning, deploying, and supporting Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003. This in-depth administrator’s reference drills into SMS features and components and provides easy-to-follow procedures, practical workarounds, and key troubleshooting tactics for everyday, on-the-job results. From remotely installing, managing, and troubleshooting applications to deploying patches, monitoring system usage, and tracking assets—you get must-know details for protecting and optimizing your technology investment.
Discover how to:
- Plan, install, and configure your SMS site and site systems
- Prepare existing SMS 2.0 sites for migration
- Construct a management hierarchy, including creating secondary sites
- Understand patch management and how to integrate SMS 2003 into the process
- Walk through resource discovery and client installation methods
- Create and distribute software packages and critical updates through the management console and through scripts
- Implement and administer standard or advanced security modes
- Monitor site activity, track information flow, and analyze network and server performance remotely
- Plan your disaster recovery strategy, including maintenance and backups Evaluation software inside!
- Try Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 with 120-day evaluation software on CD.
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to [email protected]