$194.99 - $195.00
Social Work With Groups: Social Justice Through Personal, Community, and Societal Change
Help change the world by bringing ideas of social justice into your group work practice!
Social workers who use hip-hop music to reach out to troubled adolescents. Practitioners who compare First Nations talking circles with social work practice with groups. A retired professor who transforms the way her fellow senior living center residents participate in their world. Fathers of children with spina bifida who help one another through an online discussion group. These and other examples you’ll discover in Social Work with Groups: Social Justice Through Personal, Community, and Societal Change will help you to assist groups to gain a sense of empowerment and create change in their own lives and communities.
In Social Work with Groups: Social Justice Through Personal, Community, and Societal Change you’ll also find:
- definitions of social justice within the context of social work
- a proposal to help focus on social justice in teaching
- guidelines for group facilitators making decisions about self-disclosure
- studies of innovative group work
- discussion of the challenges to achieving social justice in group work
- valuable ways to ground social group work in rich cultural traditions