$3.71 - $70.00
How to Estimate With Means Data & Costworks: Lean How to Estimate Using the Nation's Most Recognized Construction Cost Data
This step-by-step guide takes you through all the major construction items – now with expanded coverage of site work, concrete and masonry, wood and metal framing, doors and windows, finish work and roofing. A new chapter provides professional estimating guidance for plumbing (including fire suppression), mechanical and electrical. Over 300 estimating exercises show you, in detail, how to estimate for a broad range of construction items and systems – including how to calculate general conditions and equipment costs.
Additional features include:
- Expert advice on preliminary or design-stage estimates, such as when and how to use Assemblies and Square Foot estimating techniques
- Tips from professional practitioners, including widely used formulas and rules of thumb.
- Guidance on how to use the features of CostWorks Estimator
Includes a fully functional instructional version of Building Construction Cost Data CD-ROM. Learn how to export your cost lists to a spreadsheet, or customize them using CostWorks Estimator. The CD also includes:
- Cost data organized according to the 2004 CSI MasterFormat numbering system
- Two sets of plans (residential and light commercial) to practice your estimating techniques in the context of an actual project
- Fully worked-out solutions to sample estimating problems