The Successful IMG: Obtaining a US Residency
You CAN match successfully! Read this book to find out what IMGs really need to know to avoid costly mistakes and obtain a U.S. residency.
Written in a clear, easy-to-understand format, this step-by-step guide provides insider information on what IMGs need to do differently, from tips and strategies on how to prepare for the USMLE to field-tested interviewing tactics.
- The fine points of U.S. residency application
- Common IMG mistakes...and their solutions
- Personal stories and advice from other successful IMGs
- Important IMG "Dos and Don'ts"
- The Successful IMG approach to conducting research, securing U.S. electives, writing personal statements, obtaining letters of reference, and much, much more!
The Successful IMG: Obtaining a U.S. Residency is written by an IMG with an IMG's specific needs in mind, and provides focused strategies to overcome the additional challenges IMGs face.
The result of research and experience, this book combines the advice of over 100 medical students, graduates, and residency program directors into a single "how to" guide to navigating the difficult residency application process and matching successfully.