Zune Game Development Using XNA 3.0
XNA 3.0 brings you the ability to create games that will run not just on the PC and Xbox 360, but also on the Zune mobile device. While creating games for Zune is, in many ways, similar to working on the other platforms, it also presents its own unique set of challenges and opportunities. Smaller screens, limited storage, and less processing power all affect the way you need to think about designing and implementing your games.
Zune Game Development Using XNA 3.0 is a comprehensive book that will guide you through the many aspects of XNA game development and their specific implementations on the Zune platform. The book addresses Zune game development concepts in detail and shows you how to apply them in practical, step–by–step examples, building complete, working XNA 3.0 examples along the way that you can download and play.What you’ll learn
- Design practical games for the Zune.
- Discover the ways in which you can develop content for the Zune.
- Understand what makes the development of Zune games different from the development of PC and console games.
- Create Zune games, from the simple to the complex, with complete working examples for you to play and learn from.
- Use the XNA 3.0 Framework to play music from Zune’s library and your own custom sounds to enrich your games.
- Understand how to take advantage of Zune’s wireless system to create multi-player games.
This book is aimed at gaming enthusiasts with a good understanding of basic C# (the language underlying XNA) who want to create games for the Zune media player. Some knowledge of common game elements such as sprites, game loops, and animation would be helpful but is not required. (Readers looking for such a foundation can consult Beginning XNA 3.0 Game Programming for a comprehensive primer.)