Beginning Java EE 6 Platform with GlassFish 3: From Novice to Professional (Expert's Voice in Java Technology)
Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE) continues to be one of the leading Java technologies and platforms from Oracle (previously Sun). Beginning Java EE 6 Platform with GlassFish 3, Second Edition is this first tutorial book on the final (RTM) version of the Java EE 6 Platform.
Step by step and easy to follow, this book describes many of the Java EE 6 specifications and reference implementations, and shows them in action using practical examples. This book uses the new version of GlassFish 3 to deploy and administer the code examples.
Written by an expert member of the Java EE 6 specification request and review board in the Java Community Process (JCP), this book contains the best information possible, from an expert’s perspective on enterprise Java technologies.What you’ll learn
- Get started with the final version of the Java EE 6 Platform.
- Explore and use the new EJB 3.1 and JPA 2.0 APIs from entities to session beans to message-driven beans, and more.
- Discover the web tier development APIs including JSPs, JSTL, and Expression Language, and especially JSF 2.0 and Facelets.
- Uncover the new web services, RESTful services, and more available in Java EE 6.
- Create dynamic user interfaces for your enterprise and transactional Java applications.
This book is for advanced Java programmers as well as Java EE 6 beginners. Architects will also find information about how to layer their Java EE applications.Table of Contents
- Java EE 6 at a Glance
- Java Persistence
- Object-Relational Mapping
- Managing Persistent Objects
- Callbacks and Listeners
- Enterprise Java Beans
- Session Beans and the Timer Service
- Callbacks and Interceptors
- Transactions and Security
- JavaServer Faces
- Pages and Components
- Processing and Navigation
- Sending Messages
- SOAP Web Services
- RESTful Web Services