The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Depression: A Step-by-step Program (Workbook)
Powerful Tools for Overcoming Depression
Do you think that you could lessen or overcome your feelings of depression if only you had the right tools? Are you ready to help yourself stop feeling depressed? If so, then you've found a powerful resource. The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Depression is a complete, comprehensive, step-by-step approach you can use, on your own or working with a therapist, to manage and conquer depression.
Using techniques from cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and rational emotive behavior therapy (REBT), you'll develop a plan for breaking your cycle of depression. You'll learn to recognize and dispute the irrational thoughts and depressive beliefs that keep you feeling down. You'll also discover ways to guard against emotions that often occur with depression, like anxiety and anger. As you proceed through the book's chapters and exercises, you'll build stronger defenses against depression, which will help you maintain your progress.
The powerful tools in this book will help you:
- Develop a personalized plan for change
- Assess your depression and learn how best to overcome it
- Defeat depressive thought and beliefs
- Overcome thoughts of helplessness, worthlessness, and self-blaming
- Avoid perfectionism and frustration
- Manage stress and depressive sensations
- Use special cognitive and behavioral techniques for positive change