Lawn Gone!: Low-Maintenance, Sustainable, Attractive Alternatives for Your Yard
A colorful guide covering the basics of replacing a traditional lawn with a wide variety of easy-care, no-mow, drought-tolerant, money-saving options that will appeal to today's busy, eco-conscious homeowner.
Homeowners spend billions of hours—and dollars—watering, mowing, and maintaining their lawns. You don’t have to be one of them. Free yourself with Lawn Gone!, a colorful, accessible guide to the basics of replacing a traditional lawn with a wide variety of easy-care, no-mow, low-water, money-saving options. It includes:
• alternative grasses that seldom (or never) need mowing
• drought-tolerant, eco-friendly landscapes
• regional plant recommendations for all parts of the country
• artificial turf that looks like the real thing
• step-by-step lawn-removal methods
• strategies for dealing with neighbors and HOAs
• ways to minimize your lawn if you’re not ready to go all the way
Whether you’re a beginner or expert gardener, green thumb or black, Lawn Gone! provides realistic choices, achievable plans, and simple instructions for renovating your yard from start to finish.