Jaguar XJ6: Series 1, 2 & 3 (Restoration Manuals)
A reference for anyone considering a restoration of one of these classic luxury saloon cars, this book covers the Series 1, 2 and 3 XJ6 models built between 1969 and 1986. This manual shows you how to strip down, rebuild and tune an XK engine; repair and modify suspension; renovate interior trim; strip down and rebuild mechanical components; and repair and replace bodywork.
Illustrated with more than 900 photographs and diagrams, it also explains what to look for when buying a used XJ6.
The book covers:
• Model heritage and development
• What to look for when buying a project vehicle and the pitfalls to avoid
• How to renovate bodywork and chassis, including the renewal of major panels and repainting
• Repairing and renewing interior trim and fitting accessories
• How to give new life to mechanical and electrical components, including XK engine overhaul
• Transmission servicing and replacement
• Suspension overhaul and replacement