Canadian Nursing: Issues and Perspectives, 5e
This text examines the issues and trends impacting Canadian nursing. The five parts of the text cover everything from the development of the profession of nursing in Canada, to discussions of nursing knowledge, nursing research, and the theoretical foundations of modern nursing. The authors also examine issues in the delivery of nursing care as well as nursing education, credentialing, standards of care, and entry to practice. Additional chapters address collaboration, the increasingly flexible delivery in nursing education, and health informatics. The book concludes with a look at Canadian nurses' growing role in international nursing and Canadian projects that have been implemented around the globe.
- Detailed references at the end of each chapter
- Two-colour design draws attention to each section heading
- Dedicated Evolve website enhances the teaching and learning experience
- New student-friendly features include Canadian Research Focus boxes that highlight current and relevant research, and Reflective Thinking boxes that provide focused opportunities for reflection and discussion
- WebLinks provide information for relevant nursing and health care organizations
- Chapter Objectives, End-of-chapter Critical Thinking Questions, and Web Resources have been added to engage students in their own learning
- With additional images that highlight key individuals and events in Canadian nursing, the text is more visually appealing than ever!
- Chapters combined and reorganized to reflect reviewer feedback and change in Canadian teaching focus