The Connected Educator: Learning and Leading in a Digital Age
Are you relevant to your students? The Connected Educator examines and explores the ways educators can use their surrounding landscapes--including the landscape of technology and social media--to re-envision what happens inside schools and classrooms.
You'll learn that in order to reclaim the power of your own professional learning, you must first create a connected learning community. Comprised of three different learning environments--local (professional learning community), contextual (personal learning network), and global (community of practice)--the connected learning community in total allows like-minded learners to contribute, interact, share ideas, and reflect. With the power of technology behind you, along with a community of other connected educators, you'll improve your own learning and ultimately the learning of your students.
* Features chapter-specific author vignettes on leading and learning in networks and communities
* Provides educators with step-by-step instructions on how to utilize a particular technology tool
* Includes reflection questions on each chapter topic
* Offers relevant, real-life examples of educators using technology tools to enhance learning in their classrooms and schools
* Contains the research behind the authors connected learning community model and scale
* Includes hashtags for readers to connect online and extend their learning