Carrot Cake Recipe:
* 4 eggs
* 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
* 2 cups white sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 3 cups grated carrots
* 1 cup chopped pecans
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
* 4 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour,
baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in pecans. Pour into
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the
center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire
rack and cool completely.
4. To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners'
sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in chopped
pecans. Frost the cooled cake.
Carrot juice recipe:
* 8 Large Fresh Cleaned Carrots
* 1/2 Cup Of Fresh Cold 2% Milk
I would like to thank Sinead from Dublin Ireland for allowing us to publish her carrot juice
with milk recipe. To get started, first you will need to thoroughly wash and rinse your carrots,
making sure that you scrub off any loose soil. Next you should take out your juice machine
and plug it in. Moving along, next take out a tall glass and place it under the juice spout.
You should now begin feeding your produce through the machine. If eight large carrots
doesn't yield enough juice, then be sure to have some backup carrots. Once your glass
is full of carrot juice, stir in half a cup of fresh cold 2% milk. Stir the beverage with a swizzle
stick or a long drink straw. With regard to the milk, you can also use lowfat, nonfat, soy, or
sweetened condensed milk. Thanks for checking out this simple yet delicious recipe, we
hope you enjoyed it.
Carrot soup recipe:
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 TBS + 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
* 2 TBS fresh ginger, sliced
* 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
* 1 tsp curry powder
* 2 cups sliced carrots, about 1/4-inch thick
* 1 cup sweet potato, cut into about 1/2-inch cubes
* 5 oz canned coconut milk
* salt and white pepper to taste
1. Chop onion and let it sit for at least five minutes to bring out its hidden health benefits.
2. Heat 1 TBS broth in a medium soup pot. Healthy Saute onion in broth over medium heat
for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add garlic and ginger and continue to saute for another minute.
4. Add curry powder and mix well with onions.
5. Add broth, carrots, and sweet potato and simmer on medium high heat until vegetables
are tender, about 15 minutes.
6. Add coconut milk.
7. Blend in batches making sure blender is not more than half full. When it's hot, and the
blender is too full, it can erupt and burn you. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Return to soup pot and reheat.
Carrot halwa recipe:
* 2 cups grated carrot
* 2 cups low fat milk
* 6 tbsp skimmed milk powder
* 3 gms sugarite or 4 tsp sugar
* 1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
1. Combine the carrots with the milk and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
2. Add the milk powder, SugaRite/sugar and cardamom powder and cook for
3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
3. Serve hot.
CARROT RICE RECIPE:
* 2 cup rice
* 1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
* 2 onion
* 3/4 tsp cumin seeds
* 5 carrot
* 2 tsp grated coconut
* 2 tsp fried groundnuts
* 4 nos red chillies
* 2 tsp oil
* a small piece of cinnamon
* 1 tsp broken block gram
* 2 nos cloves
* 1 tsp mustard
* 1 tsp bengal gram
* a few sprigs curry leaves
* Salt as per taste
* Heat the pan, pour the 1 tsp oil. Add red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fry till
it turns brown.
* Add grated coconuts and remove from the heat. Grind it after it cools down.
* Grind seperately, the fried groundnuts coarsely.
* Cook the rice and let it cool.
* Put the carrots in warm water. Grate it without peeling the skin.
* Heat oil in a pan. Add cloves, cinnamon, mustard, broken block gram and Bengal gram.
* Add curry leaves and chopped onions. Once the onion is cooked, add the grated
carrots. Fry till the carrots are cooked.
* Add rice and fry in a low flame. Add salt and the ground masala powder. Mix it well with
* Finally add groundnut powder and remove from the flame. Serve hot.