Responsible Service Of Alcohol Course In Australia

Text-only Preview

Responsible Service Of Alcohol
Course In Various Australian States

Responsible service of alcohol (RSA) course is mandatory in
Australia for people who work in bars and other places where
liquor is sold. However, requirements for these lessons and
the certificate that follows training vary from state to
another. Each of the states has its own liquor authority.

Those who live in Queensland, they get their RSA lessons and
certificates from RTO, or the Registered Training
Organization. This organization gets its accreditation from
Office of Alcohol Racing and Gaming in the state. If not, RTO
is unable to offer QLD RSA certificate, meaning that the RSA
training obtained is invalid in this state.

Foe people living in the New South Wales, they obtain their
lessons via RTO which is approved by the authority that is in
control of liquor gaming. Here, bar managers, staffs and
security guards should posses the RSA certificate. This
includes virtually all the people who work in venues licensed
to sell and serve liquor.

Anybody involved in the sale or service of alcohol in the
Australian Capital Territory should also possess this
certificate. A nationally accredited body offers the RSA unit
that all people in the liquor sale and service industry should
complete. The lessons have to be offered by an organization
that has been authorized by RTO to offer the classes in the
Act of the territory by Fair Trading Commissioner.

There is a in person course which is approved by Liquor
licensing director for people living in Victoria. One can as
well complete the online version of this course through RTO
which is authorized in any Australian state or territory.
These units are both acceptable RSA requirements in Victoria.

In Tasmania, one has to complete this course through a TRO
that is approved by the licensing commissioner, licensing
board and Tasmania Gaming commission. South Australia only
requires supervisors and managers to be Approved Responsible
People. There is an application portion that requires RSA unit

completion, which is done in any state. The other application
part requires one to give personal information and application
done through license.

This unit is also mandatory for bar workers in Western
Australia. Once one completes the RSA course, they get a
statement of attainment and these acts as qualification for
the unit. It should be noted that this is in regard to the
state's Liquor Control Act. This certificate is also required
for liquor strategy and licensing regulation in the Northern
Territory. Everyone selling or serving liquor has to undergo
responsible service of alcohol course. Qualification obtained
from any Australian state is applicable in the Northern